Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Now you two are making me feel lazy indeed. I retired in 2005 after 37 years in public school systems, and at 69, I am NOT looking for job full/partime as I am enjoying retirement...not having to get up or go to bed at certain times.

We do (dh&I) projects together...gardening, cooking, reading, computering, cleaning house...quilting sometimes. Always something to do around here, or we can choose to do nothing at all. Love the "nothing at all" part.

Another project?? This one is not done yet. Yes, I have enjoyed it with all you ladies, but I have some unfinished projects that need done first as all my time this winter was spent on Fwsq. And to clean up my quilt room and use up a bunch of material...weed out some into quick projects.
Hi QNS, I I hurt myself on the job in 1985 and decided to not go back. In the fall of 2006 I couldn't find a 1/4" foot that fit my old Singer so I visited a Viking Gallery to find out about machines...the place was a mess and I told the women so. her response was " Do you want a job" I filled out the application and was called in the following week. The company downsized 2 yrs ago and I gave up my hours to the other part timer so she could keep her health insurance. I get called in every once in awhile to fill in. I really have alot of fun while I'm at the shop. I taught the quilting classes while I was there. I'm going in to work when I return from NC for 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

I will be doing the Pony Club Quilt in 30"s reproductions. I have alot of that fabric. The book will not be out until September so I'm thinking several months after that would be a good time to start that one...maybe even the beginning of the new year...who knows. I also have alot of irons in the fire that need to be taken care of (finished!) before I start another large project like this. We have to do something tho so we can keep in touch with each other..I will miss all of you if we don't. :cry: :cry Anne
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208462.jpe