Thread: Fun and Done ?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
mkanderson

I am doing a couple of ones using the method of the Fun & Done! My crazy Quilt for one. I am also starting a Bow Tie with it! I also have a Country Star that I am starting that I will do this way so that it will be quilted when I get finished with it.
On the Crazy Quilt I sewed the top part on to the batting, then tacked it to the backing and sewed the backs together. (I wasn’t real sure of how to “quilt “ the Crazy one so I tied it with Floss) Here is a picture of it : http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/18357.page
The reason I said don’t laugh at it (and hurt yourself) is the bad job I have done on the fancy stitches from my machine!! First time I ever worked with them and still have a bad time with them! One day I will get use to them (I hope!! LOL)

On the Bow Tie and the Country Star I am cutting the back then the batting and putting the pieced block on top and quilting (by hand) them together. I am machine stitching the backs together and using the machine to turn over the edges and top stitch them down. I will post a picture of them as soon as I get a couple more put together.
Try yours and see how you like it
What block are you making?