View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Sharon M

when I think of quilts I do gravitate towards traditional. I certainly can appreciate the talent, work, time and experise that goes into the "art quilt" but with my style of decorating would not want to use them on a bed. IMO they are at their best displayed on walls as art. But that is just how I feel. I agree with kluedesigns, it depends what section of the country or world you are in what is more popular. Also think from experience in my area that quilts tend to run in trends at the local quilt shows. One year bargello was so popular and that was all we were seeing around here. Now that meandering quilting is popular I hardly see a quilt done any other way. A lot of quilts are dated by their material or type of pattern that was so popular during certain times....we are now living in a time were a lot of quilting will be known for its art form rather than quilts that were once known to keep us warm. We are a big enough world to accept all kinds of quilting and I am just happy that we have so many people that are so knowledgeable and skilled in all of the methods and that I can see pictures of so many of them right here on our board :D