View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by shaverg
You should get Harriet Hargrave's heirloom machine quilting book. She was one of the first people that started machine quilting in the early 80's. Her work is beautiful and she does King and Queen size quilts with a regular bernina. She has great tips. You should be able to get it at the library, she is terrific.

I am just starting to really machine quilt after 20+ years, but after reading her book. I feel I can do it with my Bernina, and not have to buy a longarm. But it is all preference.
Ya, little known fact is Harriet plays middle linebacker for the Chicago Bears and has arms to prove it. Love her books though.

I have done a queen size quilt on my old Bernina 830. There are pictures on this board somewhere to prove it. I am thinking there is a Tin Lizzy somewhere in my future because I don't want to do that again. I am a big old 220 lb guy with some serious upper body strength and I'll tell ya, wrasslin that much fabric through the machine that many times and still having limited ability to do FMQing is a drag, not to mention tiring.

But... we all have to prove it to ourselves and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

tim in san jose