View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM
pittsburgpam

I'll let my know daughter that you all like her fabric choice. :) If I spend some dedicated time on it it should be a pretty quick one. There are only 6 pieces per block plus sewing the handle on. I'm just top stitching the handle down both sides of the strip very close to the edge so that's just a couple minutes work. I thought of hand applique but... noooo. I did another block last night but most of the time was spent getting the backing into the quilting frame for the log cabin quilt.

How do I get so many tops done? I get home from work around 5:30, spend an hour or so unwinding, make coffee, read mail, maybe check the stock market and investments, get something comfortable on, then I head to the sewing room. Turn on the TV to listen to and work on something.

I live alone so there's no one to want me to do something else... like cook dinner. I'm not usually hungry for dinner since I eat a good meal at lunch. I do enjoy my time alone after interacting all day at work. There's not much housework to do either.