View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
denise d

Thanks.

We are just sort of stuck. There was a medical bill from 2008 that went to small claims ct.... essentially it not a significant amount, but whatever...

My hubby appeared in ct and satisfied the judgement. No problems. He did contest the lawyers fees and the docket reflected that. Anyway fast forward to yesterday. Underwriter says it is a no go, because the case was filed in my name and my husband's name. No one contests that the amount agreed to by him and the lawyer is paid, but the medical co will not "release" the debt, because they filed the legal fees under my name and since I am a Stay at home mom, I have no assets, they filed a judgement against me for the legal fees. The crappy thing is, we had no idea, we paid the bill and thought it was paid.

Seriously, we would have just paid the legal fees, if we knew that they were tacked on to my name.

Also, we can't help but to think that this should have been red flagged in April when we started this process... not now.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am just so at a loss for what the process is, I don't know if this is something that is a big deal or not. Clearly, it is to us, but does this sort of thing happen all of the time?!