View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Laura

Hi quiltinlily, I am also a retired nurse. I live on the east coast in a home we built a couple years ago on a small bay with a beautiful view of Cadillac Mountain (Part of Acadia National Park) and other mountains in the other direction. I started quilting a couple years ago with an adult ed course. I learned a lot but there is a lot that I have to learn and wish there were more courses around here. I watch the quilting shows on TV but think I would enjoy in-person learning better. There is a quilt group nearby that I keep meaning to join but haven't gotten around to it yet. I live in a very small town and have no close neighbors.
I also have 3 grown kids and 2 grandkids. One of my daughters and her daughter moved in with us a year ago. Going through a rough divorce with abuse involved and fighting to limit or prevent her daughter from being with her father due to the abuse. This has taken up most of my time and energy. I try to quilt but have to hide out otherwise I have a two year old "helping" me by pushing buttons or stepping on the presser foot. Pretty soon they will be in their own place very close by so I think I'll be able to do more for pleasure.
I haven't spent as much time on this site as I would like to but when I have I always learn something. Good luck with your quilting.