Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy

. . . It came with a drawer full of attatchments.
Lucky you! Attachments can be hard to find. I love my 9W. Beautiful stitching, easy to treadle. Any of the Wheeler and Wilson type machines are fabulous to sew on. Cabinet is nice, too!!
The "sad" one that follows will clean up and sew like a dream. You'll be surprised.
Yes, Miz Johnny, I know that it can be cleaned up and it too will sew beautifully! I just need to get a couple of missing parts for it, which I haven't done yet. This was my free machine in the badly worn cabinet with the treadle that treadles very smoothly. I went for the free treadle for a different facelift project, and the surprise in the cabinet was this Singer. Again the machine found me! One day it will work too.

Here is a picture of the attatchments. Does anyone know what the attatchments are for or what they do? The second picture is of a wooden box a friend gave me a long time ago, I collect boxes. I knew they were attatchments for a sewing machine, but I never knew that it went to a vintage Singer sewing machine. I think it is called a Singer puzzle box. How do I find out if they will work on my Singer 9w? I forgot to mention that I paid $30 for the machine and cabinet, it needs a belt.
Lori,
I love your avatar, very pretty! And your attachments are very NICE! Link to attachment info that hopefully will be of help to you. http://www.thesewbox.com/free_sewing...tructions.html

I think a couple of those attachments in the top photo will work on a White or National.