Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Barb M

Well here it is :) This is the big quilt i'm working on, and my first free-motion :) I did a lot of stitching in the ditch, because i know i'm safe doing that, and left a little room for free-motion--i'm loving free-motion :) So i did a cable type chain, not sure if i like that, but oh well, and then i got brave and did stipling on the outer border! And i think the stippling looks good :) So this is what i have done so-far. The big triangles around the centre rose, i have to put something in there, i'm thinking maybe a heart in each one? I could be brave and try a feathered heart, but i'm thinking not lol. And the two burgandy borders, they need some quilting, because part of those borders are where i joined my batting, and so they need some quilting on them. I dont know what im going to do on the burgandy. I will be using white thread on the burgandy too, so whatever i do on that will have to be something easy, because errors will show up on that easy. What about a wavy line, with tiny flowers every once-in-awhile??? I think i'm quite happy with it so far, and really enjoying the free-motion! :) :) :)
PS i'm think, lol i think too much lol, i have to quilt in the burgandy strips, because that is where i joined my quilt sections, sooo, i'm thinking a wavy line with flowers might not be secure enough???? I wonder, maybe i should be brave and do a feather on that...oh gosh, should i be that brave lol lol, i wonder which would be more secure for that?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24880.jpe   attachment-24897.jpe   attachment-24908.jpe