View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:34 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by Linda King
Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Originally Posted by watterstide
FMS is ffected by weather..i feel like heck this week..i am so sore. mind isn't working so good either..lost words,forgeting things..typical flair up.

am going to have to go see the Doc and get a shot this week.
i think it is called "terdol" anti imflamitory ..

my husband had an accident this week..so between that and the wether..i m in a flair..
Since I switched from Lyrica to Cymbalta my 'mind' problems (as watterstride put it) are much better. At one point on Lyrica everyone thought I was having a stroke: garbled words, slurred speech, etc. but it was the Lyrica. Also the neurolotist placed me on Vitamin D and B as I was 'extremely deficient' in both. Both effect the brain.

I do find that heat and especially humidity make it worse but frankly it's all I can do to keep working. I don't have health insurance (turns out you can't get private insurance if you have fibro -- turned down by everyone I applied with). I don't get sick days, personal days etc. DH had a disabling stroke in 2008 so I can't quit work. Fibro isn't a recognized 'disability' from a social security standpoint so basically, I'm in a no win situation with the fibro.

I have my computer remind me every hour to get up and walk while I'm at work so I don't stay in one position all the time which helps. My arthritis is also a lot worse when it's hot and humid. I actually do better in cold weather (Florida cold, that is-LOL).
I was diagnosed in "95 with Fibro, severe arthritis, could not remember my name or how to write, had to have therapy for right arm, as it froze, needless to say, I did get turned down the first time, got a lawyer and I received my disablility, I havent worked since. You need to fight for disability, get a lawyer, and it doesnt cost you a thing, except at the end if you win, most lawyers get 3% of what you receive, off the top. You wont miss it, as they get it first. Dont give up, keep trying for disability. Good Luck!!
Linda King
In order to file for disability you have to not be working I believe and I can't quit because I can't pay our bills on just DH's soc. sec. from his stroke. BTW we got disability for him within 5 weeks of our initial application with no lawyer because I submitted records from hospital, in patient rehab, in home rehab, outpatient rehab, neurologist, general practitioner, speech therapist, etc. So I know it can be done but they don't consider me disabled.

I also have severe arthritis but it's osteo not rheumatoid so it's not a 'disability' according to uncle Sam. I've had 4 surgeries on my left hand/wrist, two bones have been removed, one joint fused and now it's moving to my right hand. It makes typing very difficult and painful but I no longer have health care so no more surgeries for me. (I still need a joint replacement of middle finger joint.) AND, you don't qualify for medicare until you've been on disability for two years, so there you have it.

At 58 1/2 years young, 65 seems really far away from a pain management standpoint.

OK pitty party is over now ... I have to go to work!