View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 AM
gcathie

I square my quilt first......I use to cut binding at 2 1/2" but as I have been quilting I find it to big and have cut it down to 2 1/4" and now that seams a bit big too....so I believe I'm going to do the 2" .........I sew to the front and miter the cornors and hand sew the binding to the back.......someday I may be brave and do the blind hem stitch...that sounds interestin.....I've got some potholders here to practice on.....:-)......Oh my first quilt class we cut the binding 1 3/4".......now that was a full binding......also if your going to show your quilt all the judges do judge on a full binding....:-)......but I think I've heard of a way you sew the back to the front....binding is already there....might give this a try....hummmm interesting......:-)......any hoooo however it gets done is what works and just try different things and see what works for you......:-)......main thing is getting it done.....:-) Yeahh.......I have known ladies that ...that is all they have to do and they never finish the quilt.....ahhhhh what a shame.....just bite the bullet and get it done ....;-)......yattta yatttta....bing bang boom.......I'm done....:-)