Old 06-09-2011, 09:40 AM
kathome

So I finally broke down and ordered the pattern for the mini Bow Tuck, and I must say, with some modifications, I'm hooked.

First thing I will change is the iron on fleece lining. WAY too bulky to have on both the lining and on the outside fabric. Same with the handles. In both cases the top stitching is through 4 layers of fleece batting and 4 layers of fabric. The handles stand at attention, which I really don't mind, but is not, IMHO necessary.

Also, in the mini pattern it calls for WOF for the lining pockets. This had me stumped for quite a while trying to figure out why my piece was so long compared to the lining. I guess it's a misprint.

Finally, I should have paid more attention as to the placement of the front pocket, because I placed it too high. Don't really know how I make that mistake. Also, I think my choice of fabric could have been better, although I love it anyway.

All said and done, I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this pattern and am headed to the store this afternoon to buy more fabric for the next (and improved) Mini Bow Tuck.

Inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209085.jpe   attachment-209086.jpe   attachment-209087.jpe