Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here is a picture of the attatchments. Does anyone know what the attatchments are for or what they do? The second picture is of a wooden box a friend gave me a long time ago, I collect boxes. I knew they were attatchments for a sewing machine, but I never knew that it went to a vintage Singer sewing machine. I think it is called a Singer puzzle box. How do I find out if they will work on my Singer 9w? I forgot to mention that I paid $30 for the machine and cabinet, it needs a belt.
The four attachments in the back are definitely for the 9W. They attach a bit differently from the early 66 back clampers. The 5 hemmers in the middle are top clamping; several different companies (including White and National) used top clampers. I can’t tell about the tucker on the L side or the ruffler in the front (can’t see how they attach), but the attachment just between those two is also top-clamping. The thingie (technical term) in the L corner is a part of an attachment; looks like it goes to the back clamper in the upper L corner.
The puzzle box held attachments for the Singer 27/127. They won’t work on your 9W. BTW, your 9W probably uses Featherweight bobbins.