View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
motomom

Originally Posted by DJ
Wonderful quilt! The answer to your question is "yes". :lol:

My DD is a "rocket scientist", too (masters in aerospace engineering). She's now in a physics PhD program. All her textbook begin with the word "Quantum". We tease her, too, when she asks a simple question . . . we say "It's not rocket science". She also likes to quilt, sew, crochet, cook . . .
I can't tell you how many times my rocket scientist daughter has called me to ask me simple questions. "How many minutes to hard-boil an egg?" "How do I cook a roast?" "How do I .....?"

We laugh about it all the time. My DH and I own a music store, and we say all the time about problems that crop up, "This is not rocket science, not like daughter's job. If we do not do our jobs perfectly, airplanes are not going to fall out of the sky and kill people. The only bad thing is that we will have to correct it later. This is just a music store!" See, we have lots of anal-retentive employees who get bent out of shape over the smallest problem. LOL!!!

When I asked DD about which color of binding she would prefer, she would not even tell me. She said she had no idea, whatever I thought would be fine.

It is great that your daughter is working on her Phd. Mine is working on her masters right now.

The best thing is, she always attributes her great work ethic to me. In all my life I don't think I ever received such a wonderful compliment. And in all my dreams, I never thought any of my children would reach such wonderful heights. As each one of them reaches and attains, I am sure each day that this is the very best part of my life. :)