Old 06-09-2011, 11:34 AM
helou

Hi!
do you really know how lucky you are. Well may be I am the one who is lucky as I would probably buy more fabric that I will ever be able or willing to quilt... loll

We went on a 5 week vacation in the USA in April and while looking at some info from a visitor center in Tennessee we found out that there was the "Appalachian quilt Trail"
My husband suggested that we did one trail towards our destination that night. I had heard that some people painted some quilt blocks on their barn or garage. What a nice day it was. We stopped at Holloways Country Home and then, I thought I had earned the lottery or rather, I wish I had won the lottery.... I had never seen so much nice quilting fabrics on so many shelves..... in one single store
I felt like a child in a Chrismas Shop.

Many days later, we happened to drive by a LQS from the author of the book with which I am starting to learn to quilt: Harriet Hargrave
Well, I just could not beleive all the nice fabrics I saw there too.

We looked in the directory book for quilting stores and to no surprise to me, there are not any in my area and not too many in this part of my country.

My only travel "souvenir" was... fabric
I already had a lot of blue, because I just like blue. I did not have much red or neutral colors and no green because I have a hard time to like green in general

If only for that, what a nice trip we had... lollll...

I think I am starting to have some stash now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209146[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209140.jpe