Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
helou

Originally Posted by Bluphrog
Yes, we know how lucky we are. I'm glad you got to share in that luck.

Are you doing the quilter's university by Harriet Hargrave? I've bought volumes 1 and 2 and would hightly recommend them to any beginning quilter. I took a 2-day machine quilting class from her and just loved it (and her).
No I'm not. My SIL lent me her book 3 or 4 years ago and I read and re-read it more than once and referring to it as needed.
When I mentionned to the store person that I had that book the answer was:
"Oh! it is not available anymore..."
lolll and she told me how this old edition was redone in different books with more and more details.
but I am very satisfied with mine as I am a part time (very part time) quilter but still enjoy it.

what I really appreciated was that the lady took all the time to help me find and choose some coordinated fabrics according to my taste (remember, I am not too inclined to choose greens but I wanted some) she did not choose for me ....
I have to say that my husband was very interested for the first 2 stores we visited and after that, I started to think that a couple of hours in 2 of them was enough.
I'm still working on my first quilt that I started may be 5 years ago and I have enough fabric now for at least another 5 years considering my pace loll...