View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I park in the park (fairgrounds) were Eleanor Burn's tents are set up and ride the shuttle buses to every place I want to go. The shuttles are free and will come to every quilt spot about every 30 min. or so, make the rounds and come right back. The show takes me almost all day to see with hundreds of vendors in there too. El's tents and her show (free) takes me 1/2 day. The quilt museum takes several hours, the 1/2 price book barn takes several hours, the vendor's hall takes more several hours, Hancock's back room takes several fun hours. Carol Bayer Fallert has her studio open for all the quilters too. I am cutting it close by only staying two days this year. It takes me about 5 hours to drive there. Meeting quilters from all over is fantastic. The shuttles are full of the most fun people who love to quilt! Everywhere you go in town you are with quilters.
I go alone. I like staying at one place for hours or two minutes. I don't like having to compromise where to go and when. This is my personal vacation just for me. 8)