Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

VM, do you have that Lotus 66-1? I am looking at one to buy. Anything very unusual about that particular model? I don't know the SN yet, so I can't date it. Thanks.

Edit - I found the SN - It's 1909.
Did you answer your own question?
A Singer Lotus 66-1 was the first of the Singer 66. The decals are just there for decoration and a way to sell machines. The Lotus was the first decals used from 1900-1910, and then Singer switched to the Redeye decal. My two Lotus 66-1 are back mount machines which means the the side mount attachments can't be used with them. I have used my oldest, 1907, to make a complete baby quilt, from piecing to straight-stitch quilting. The machine makes a pretty stitch!

More info on the Singer 66s.
http://www.sewnuts.com/66/class66.htm
No, my question was whether you owned that 66-1 you showed the pic of, and if there was anything unusual about that model. You just answered both....I do so appreciate everyone's information here. I am really a novice at this vintage machine collecting. I don't want to get one that I can't do anything with. My collection so far: Elna Supermatic, Singer 301, Singer 99k, Western Electric Rotary 1917. Hoping to add this 66-1, and I'll try to get a treadle cabinet to put it into. It's been electrified, but I would like to treadle it. The 99 I am planning to put a hand crank on in the near future. I just found some Greist top mount attachments for my Western Electric. It didn't have any when I bought it. I have to rewire that one. Again, I do so appreciate any and all information I get here. Thanks!! :thumbup:
If my husband wouldn't kill me (and if I had the money and space) after buying the featherweight and the 99, I would love to have this! The case is really cool and it would be neat to have a treadle!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2409565933.html[/quote]

I vote with Charlee - That is BEAUTIFUL!!!