View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
quilt1950

Originally Posted by grayma
Thanks everyone! My basement is not finished (downside!). However it is very dry and I have access to the TV down there (upside). We are putting our house on the market and at least I won't have that mess in that bedroom. I did have a blind on the window, but the house should have had two a/c installed to handle that load. I know it is going to be like moving day when we move everything down there. My fabric will be in totes, just because I don't want anything to happen to it and don't want any "basement" smell to affect the fabric either. I will really get jealous when I see all the pretty sewing rooms that people have! But since we want to sell the house, I don't want to finish the basement either.
Can you leave your stash upstairs? Just have what you currently need in the basement. My sewing room is also on the 2nd floor, and TOO warm. I'm thinking of just moving my machine to the dining room (unused unless we have company) for the summer. Not as convenient, but at least I'll be able to sew past 1pm.