Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here is a picture of the attatchments. Does anyone know what the attatchments are for or what they do? The second picture is of a wooden box a friend gave me a long time ago, I collect boxes. I knew they were attatchments for a sewing machine, but I never knew that it went to a vintage Singer sewing machine. I think it is called a Singer puzzle box. How do I find out if they will work on my Singer 9w? I forgot to mention that I paid $30 for the machine and cabinet, it needs a belt.
Lori, here are your attachments with some comments.

Numbers 1-4 (and maybe 5, I can't see the clamp fixture well enough) are all for your Singer 9W.
1. is part of an adjustable hemmer, I think the other part of it is laying in front of #5.

2. is a gathering foot....it makes a small or puckered gather at the seam line.

3&4 are too difficult for me to see to be able to tell you for sure what they are.

5. If this has the same kind of "shank" on it as 1-4, then it's also for your 9W, and is a pintucker.

6. I hope these are Boye 18 needles, they'd be for the 9W if they are, and are getting to be scarce as hen's teeth!

7. These feet look like top clamps to me, and would be for a White, National, Davis, New Home, Standard, Domestic, Kenmore, or Free Westinghouse. There are 12 different widths of slots in 1909, according to the Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook that was recommended by someone else...a great little book to have!! :)

8&9 are rufflers, and I can't tell from the photo what they fit. The piece just to the left of 8 & 9 looks like it may be the missing piece of #1, the adjustable hemmer.

10. Is a quilting bar. It attaches to a quilting foot so that you can stitch lines an even distance apart.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209330.jpe