Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 AM
himnherr

We have 4 sets of friends in Joplin who lost everything in the May 22 tornado. I mean EVERYTHING! They are our friends in that we have been involved with some of them on a regional building crew for building Kingdom Halls all over SW Missouri for the past 15 years or so. So, while we work with them on various building projects I had never been to their homes. They have been the ones who have given of themselves for many years and now find themselves on the receiving end.

So, yesterday (my husband is the head of Food Service for our projects, which makes me chief cook & bottle washer)
:lol: I was visiting with one of the couples about it all. I asked her what kind of decor they prefer- modern contemporary, Victorian, etc...... I kinda thought it'd be modern. She told me "minimalism". Hmm.... I asked her to explain what that was. She said very simple, nothing just "sitting around". She said people have often told her their place looked like a doctor's office waiting room! haha! At least she had her sense of humor intact. Anyway, I explained that when I first started quilting about 1 1/2 yrs. ago my 2nd quilt was made just because I wanted to do it and the colors really appealed to me but went with nothing in my house. It's black and white with a splash of red & orange. I've never used it before- it's just sitting on my shelf. I wanted to give it to them if they would like to have it. She said she'd love to have it because they have black & white & a splash of color in every room in their house!! Isn't that something!? I'm so excited to have someone so deserving to give it to AND have it match their decor!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209374.jpe