View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 AM
pineneedles4

I give you this warning as a friend...Don't Organize your Stash! It might make you feel guilty. I decided yesterday to organize my stash. I wanted to put all of the batiks together, the cottons together and fabric for sewing clothes together. Well, while in the process of sorting...I kept coming across bags that held complete quilt kits or fabric for quilts with the pattern that I had picked out. I found 16 different quilt kits plus two quilt tops! (I'm going to take a wild guess that I MUST enjoy the planning process more than the actual sewing process...or at least this is what the evidence is pointing to...but I LOVE the sewing process...could it be that I just LOVE it all a little too much?) These are complete, ready to make with the patterns and most of them even had the quilt backing with them! Four were cut out and three were partially sewn! I also found the pattern and fabric for a new apron, the pattern and fabric for a bow-tuck purse, and the fabric for three different table toppers! So....I am banning myself from the fabric/quilt shops until I have completed at least half of these items!

I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric!

I am not a fabriholic...I can quit anytime....I will not buy fabric!

Vanessa in Oklahoma