View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Rosyhf

This is block three. For those who would like to see how I do this and have not done it before, I will show the block in different stages.

I start in the center or off center with a center of interest or just a pretty piece of fabric. The center piece is cut with at least three or four angles. This piece has four angles of different lenghts. This will make your block have angles and interest.

I then start to put any width of strips around the center piece. I might join a bunch of little pieces to make a strip and add it to one side, like the bottom of this center.

After sewing a strip of pieces together. I only cut the top part straight, sew to the block and then cut the bottom even with the batting underneath.

Sometimes I will cut the a triangle shape etc.
As I do the block you will see the different things that you can do.

If using, for instance, fish, in this case. If you look at where they are going, you will see that the bottom fish seems to be heading toward some reeds, the top fish seem to be heading toward some nautical stuff. You can create interest by using fabric scraps that pertain to your center. It is amazing what you can find in your scraps.

Finished block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209582[/ATTACH]

This is working around the center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209583[/ATTACH]

This a bunch of little pieces sewed together to make a strip and then applied
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209576.jpe   attachment-209577.jpe   attachment-209588.jpe