Thread: Darning foot
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
KimS

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
If it's hitting the darning foot when the foot is down, won't it also hit the needle plate? I'm not familiar with this model, but I'm guessing it's pretty modern?

Did you buy it new or used? I ask because LOTS of times when I buy a vintage machine, it's got stuff in the accessory kit and drawers that go with a different machine or don't have anything to do with any kind of sewing. But then again, you said that it was working, so that couldn't be it.

If it was working fine a week ago, then it's not the foot that needs adjusting, it's the position of the needlebar or the position of the attachment as it's seated on the needlebar.

Are you sure that it's not broken?

Are you sure that you are getting it seated in its proper orientation and that you're using the right thumbscrew to attach it? (if it uses something other than the normal thumbscrew or lever) ( :oops: I forgot you said that you'd taken it off and put it back on several times)

Do all the other feet work properly?

Have you had any hard needle strikes? If so, that could have jarred the needle bar out of position or even bent it out of alignment.

Has the machine been dropped, or has anything perhaps fallen against it hard enough to knock the presser bar or needle bar out of alignment?

I'm sort of grasping at straws, but I hope you can find out what's wrong with it. If you have had a hard needle strike, I would recommend that you take it to a service center and have them take a look at it to make sure that the needlebar hasn't been knocked out of shape.

Good Luck!
The needle isn't hitting anything else. It works pefect with the other feet.

My husband bought the machine for me new about 5 or so years ago.

I'm 99% sure there's nothing broken because if that were the case wouldn't it act strange with the other feet on it?

I'm think of buying another darning foot and see if that's the problem. I don't have a lot of patience with something that doesn't work. LOL!!