View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 04:17 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by tweezy50
I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?
Quilt-giving season is year-round. It is more about the love that went into the making of the quilt than the actual quilt itself. At least that is how I look at it. Most people don't really know how much work goes into the making of one, but they can FEEL the love when they touch it. May sound kinda hokey, but my GKs love when I make them a quilt, no matter how many I make them. Go to it, and enjoy the new family!!!