Thread: Iwantabook.com
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by arimuse
better world is a nice place cus you can almost always get a book there for 3.50$ if it has an older publishing date. The current published books are sold, but at current prices. You can buy old dated books at current prices if it is brand new never sold, then you pay as a "new" book. Ive bought tons of "used" books form them and never been disappointed. Everything does ship for free.

These guys started out in college trying to salvage older textbooks, (they have a nice textbook site if yu are in college or have kids going. Textbooks are outrageously priced at colleges - and they - the prof- try to say you cant use "older" copyrites, well, sometimes the differnece in a used text and a "new" is a line or 2 added somewhere and its got a new print run. This chgs the price from 20$ used to 100$ new!) and then just started this business collecting books from library sales etc to save books from being destroyed. They are still real close to libraries all over the US and list library book sales by state.

anyway, its my fav site for browsing for books outside of spending an afternoon in a bkstore. (Gee, when hubs went back to school for another quick cert - software courses - I would ride into the city w/ him and have him drop me at B&N bookstore in the AM whn it was just opening, I browsed around, found a book, sat and went thru it, had a lunch, browsed the music and gifty stuff, had iced coffee, and went thru the books some more and hubs picked me up in the afternoon! I could even have gone to other stores on the strip - TJ Max, etc, but I always stayed with teh books! I even applied for a job at a B&N, but didnt get it) sharet
My granddaughter just started college. I knew the books were expensive but wow!. I have spent the day in the book store too. I think its great that B&N have the food now. I take a book with me no matter where I go. I keep one in my car in case I am stuck in traffic. The library is my best friend. It is the First place I find when I move to a new place. Before the fabric store or the grocery store. LOL