View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by CorneliaVa
Once you go to that guild meeting - you may find that you have happened upon a dozen or more ladies who have much the same in the way of houses filled with quilting stuff ....

It seems: the more we band together, the more we become enablers of each others' joyful habits.....

Start another thread once you go to the guild meeting to let us know how you do ..... Every person on here seems to have a different opinion of the guilds in their areas .... I hope yours is warm and welcoming .......
They were warm and welcoming already. While we were waiting outside we started chatting about where we were from, etc. and I said that I hadn't found a group I really liked. Three of them immediately told me to come to their group which meets in a county park building and they gave me exact directions and told me to be sure to bring lunch. The ladies are a bit older than me ... which means slightly younger than dirt! They said the men got together in the next room to shoot pool and invited my husband. The husbands were there and they knew almost as much about quilting as their wives did. One told me that he drives a school bus and found a a beautiful one at the side of the road and threw it in the back of the bus. His wife doesn't like his roadside shopping, but he brought it into the house, made her close her eyes and revealed a perfect treadle complete with manual. He was so proud of himself. Another one was giving me advice on stabilizers! I think I am going to like this group very much.