View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:08 AM
dottientx

Another gadget!!! Holding pins between my lips is a big no-no for me. Around 40 years ago, I had a friend who was holding a pen between her lips while she and her friends were signing a card which went with the flowers they were taking to a friend who was in the hospital. They went over a dip in the road as they were going into the parking lot, she gasped and down went the pin into her throat and on down, down, down. Fortunately, they were right at the hospital and they immediately exrayed her to see the location of the pin. It was very near where the stomach empties into the intestine. They went down with something like a magnet and brought that pin right back up. She was told it the pin would have entered the intestine they would have taken her into surgery immediately. Luckily the pin went down head first as she was told the pin point could have caused problems on the way down. I haven't put a pin in my mouth since then. You never know when you might quickly gasp such as before a sneeze, a cough, etc. She might have been told all this as part of the scare tactic but I'd rather play it safe!