Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
quiltswithdogs

I learned to sew at 16 in high school from home ec class and my best friend who was so brave, she made her own prom dress!
I grew up, sewed for hubby and me then later when our daughters were young I had fun making little girl clothes. One liked to dress alike but the other didn't for fear everyone would think they were twins. Not likely as they are adopted, 17mo apart, one blue-eyed and so fair all her veins showed and the other full Korean, lots of soft dark hair and almond brown-eyes. No genes from me... they are gorgeous young women.
Then I took a very long break in which I sewed only easy, requested skirts or pajamas or costumes or mending.
To treat myself for my 50th birthday, I took a beginner's quilting class. I gave the wallhanging to my mom and dad for Christmas without ever realizing they had always wanted one for over their bed and were disappointed they couldn't afford one on their vacation to amish country. They were so thrilled and the rest of the family begged me for quilts. I was hooked!
Cathy