Thread: I Hate Piecing
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by caliquocat
Great colors, I hope you can persevere, it will make a lovely quilt.
Oh I will persevere! I'm not a quitter. Maybe I was just tired from having cut, ironed and sewed so much this week.

I'm a new sewer let alone a new quilter.

I have no choice but to persevere. I have enough strips cut and sewed in rows of three to make at least three different rail fence quilt tops.

Hopefully by the time I do all of these I will be wondering why I thought it was a time of "hating" something a few months back. :lol: :lol:

To be honest I've never understood why anyone wants to take perfectly good fabric and cut it up into little pieces only to sew it again. Kinda like why anyone would take a little white ball, hit it, and chase after it as they do in golf.

I decided to find out what the fascination is all about regaring pieceing hence here I am.

I've always loved a challange and I have never given up or quit at something I try.

Every reason I had to take this block a part a few times just to get it to line up. I'm just not a quitter.

If I can take a computer apart and put it back together and it still working I surely can learn to take cut pieces of fabric and make it look half way decent and better as I learn the techniques to doing this.