Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM
sandwich child

OMG! I thought I was the only one with this problem. I have 4 neutered indoor boys: Oliver Twist (17), the twins Ingo and Kerbe (10) and Spot (9). While we don't have the peeing issue, Spot is like a ghost and no one but my son and I have ever seen him as he lives mostly in the basement. Unfortunately, Spot seems to have a genetic problem in that he can be walking down the hall and just let the poop fly. Yesterday he left me a "gift" on my bathroom rug. He hates me (wonder who he thinks buys his food and cleans the boxes) but loves/adores my son. When we first got him (a request from my vet) he had to be on Valium because he was so hyper and I'll tell ya, I have the medical bills and my son has the scars to prove it. That never worked, but over the years he has calmed down somewhat, not that he'll ever be socialized like the other three. I guess you just have to make the most of what you have. Spot is beautiful, beautiful with looong gossamer hair but, like a two-legged child, I took him for better or worse and have certainly put in my years of "worse." I have no words of wisdom; it's all trial and error. After I retired I worked for a group of 63 Veterinary Pathologists and none of them had any answers either.