View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
sewjoyce

My number one choice is the Bernina. I currently have 2 and I love both of them. One is the 200E which I bought used on ebay and mostly all I do with it is embroidery although it will do just about anything I'd every want. My little workhorse is the 440QE with the stitch regulator. I bought this one new and didn't spend the extra to get the embroidery unit.

Most of my friends have Berninas -- the service here in our area is terrific. I can call or email them with a question and very rarely have they not known the answer. They are heavy duty and have metal bobbins. If you can't afford a new one, I'd recommend a used one. With the new model that came out last fall, which costs a measly $12,000, a lot of people have been selling/trading their old machines to get this one. So now would be a great time to buy one that's used.

Viking would be my #2 choice. I had one of those several years ago (can't remember the exact model) but it was also a good little work horse. I had problems with the plastic bobbins warping and the service in our area was just horrific.

Hope this helps :wink: