Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Monica, I have been playing with Annie Oakley Two Spools. I can't get her to sew. I know I am not putting that second spool holder in correctly. Does it make a snap sound like a regular bobbin when inserted correctly so you know it is locked?

Nancy
Ok I got the Two Spools sewing perfectly, but I still need some advise on that second spool casing. I got it in correctly with the little push in thingy, but I had to use a screw driver to hold the pop in, in. How do you get it loaded correctly?

Nancy
Sorry Nancy that I didn't check on you earlier today.

I went to pick up my 2nd Davis Vertical Feed NVF with motor. I then spent the afternoon taking motor off, cleaning, and treadling with it. This Davis NVF had been sitting on the SF CLs work weeks, around a month. I waited and waited for someone to pick it up, but nah that never happened. So, I called the guy yesterday. The machine was a donation, and the money from selling this machine goes to an after-school program that benefits the handicap. When he told me that, I was like, I'll definitely purchase the machine. He was elated! Started telling me all about the machine and how it works. heehee. I let him talk yesterday, but today when he wanted to show me how it worked I told him I already own one that I treadled. I told him I made quilts with vintage sewing machines. He asked if I would like to teach a class!

Okay, back to your situation, which really is very simple once you figure out how the pin works. Which is way cool! And very clever of whoever designed the spool can!

And yes, I wish the spool can had become more popular than the bobbins. Who knows, maybe someone from X sewing machine company will bring that technology back-along with the cute spools.

I don't have original manual, but a copy. On the page that shows the spool can with the numbers and letter K, figure 10, that is what you first need to look at. The part of letter K, the top part of the pin, is were you need to look. The little knob at top needs to be pushed down (which is what you were doing when getting the can into proper place for sewing). If you take a small flat head screw driver and push that little knob down, you will see a groove for you small screw driver to fit into. That is where you will turn the mechanism for adjusting the pin. With my "Cowboy" that little knob at first didn't want to move down, took some muscles to get it loose.

On my next page (which should be yours too) is a section called "The Spool Case Lock". Please read that section, which explains the direction to turn the pin for it to sit correctly.

The turning screw of the pin adjusts the height of the pin for the can to sit in machine.

I hope that helps you! If not let me know.