Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 PM
vintagemotif

[quote=BoJangles][quote=vintagemotif]
Originally Posted by BoJangles

I oiled Annie Oakley up yesterday. Cleaned out all the lint and dust from sitting in this guys garage for 30 years! Put a new needle in - I have not looked up to see if she uses a regular 15 x 1 needle - I assume she does. I am ready to try to wind a thread spool and try her out today. Monica, anything I should know before I try winding the second spool? Geeze, wouldn't it be nice if we could still buy those little spools of thread - you'd never have to wind the spools. I love the fact that she has no bobbins, just a second spool of thread! I wonder why the Two Spools didn't just take off with the public? Kinda like the Davis Vertical Feed that has no feed dogs - they just didn't get the acceptance to go forward with those machines.

Nancy
Yes, It takes 15X1 needles (I only like machines that use the standard needle, 15x1, since I don't wish to hunt for others).

Nancy, when winding the spool, make sure that the thread comes up from the bottom. Wrap the thread around the spool numerous times and set into the bobbin winder pin with the thread come up from the bottom.

If you have ever watched Donna Kohler's video on winding the shuttle bobbin, this video could be of help. At the end of the video, she shows how to wind the shuttle bobbin just by hand, bypassing the gadgets on the winder. Well, that is how I wind my shuttle bobbins and the spool for the Two Spools.