View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
HeatherWebber

I recently made a quilt for my 18 y.o. granddaughter who has now gone overseas to Cambodia for a few years doing volunteer work. She made the request, as she wanted something to remind her of home. The temp there is always in the 30 - 40 deg celcius. She turns the fan on full blast so that she can use it!!

Originally Posted by tweezy50
I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?