Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Okay, I think I understand your situation. If you have that pin knob, the plunger, adjusted correctly, you don't need to hold the plunger while inserting the 'can" into position. It will snap in. My second Two Spools, Melinda, had the same problem as yours. I had to use a screw driver to get the "spool can" in at first, and then I made the adjustments to the pin, as suggested in manual, to correct that problem. The spring plunger needs to be up. That is what holds the spool can in place. They are referring to moving the can slightly left or right so that the can is in the correct position. If you notice that the bottom of your spool can either has a lip or edge, that lip gets seated inside the bar inside the hook race area, see figure 4.

I will try to take some pictures.
Ok, I see the problem, that little plunger on my spool can is not moving. I will use the screw driver like the book says and re-adjust. Thanks for the pictures Monica, that helps.

If any of you ever get or have a Two Spool, you should make a note of these pages. Those Two Spools are a little different! Very interesting and ingenious that a machine was invented to use a spool of thread, any size 50 spool or smaller, not a special spool that came with the machine! When you think about the fact that all the bobbin driven and shuttle driven type machines have to have a specific bobbin and a specific shuttle or they won't work - and this machine will take any old wooden spool that they had sitting around!

Nancy