Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Just-Lee

OK, I have 3 vintage machines that need repairs, but I am not sure if they are worth the $$$. The cheapest service price around is $78, for cleaning, etc, but no parts/ labor.

I have an old Toyo/ Singer spin-off that was working when I took it in for repair, just needed adjusted, and when checking the zigzag out...never worked again. $85 spent for a pro to break it!

Vtg. Kenmore 158.13031. Before we had a chance to check machine out, hubby dropped Bakelite foot peddle and it shattered. It will hand crank, but starts getting tight after 1 full rotation.

Last but not least...bought a Singer Touch-Tronic 2010 at a yard sale. It worked fine and she even wound a bobbin, but when I have tried to wind one since, the thread just winds under the bobbin...sigh! This has loads of stitches, computerized, bunch of acc./ feet. It also came with the huge cabinet that had double opening doors underneath with tons of storage. The cabinet was the big reason for buying.

Is there a book out there to learn to repair machines, should I take any of them to be serviced, or just sell them cheap and move on to something that works for sure?? lol Not asking much, huh?