Thread: Home Burglary
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 AM
ontheriver

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know exactly how you feel. We had almost completed my house and had been staining and sealing the upstairs floors. I had just moved my boxes and furniture out of storage and they were in two downstairs room. We went to town to eat lunch while waiting to put second coat on floor. Came back, someone had busted in the window to the side door. Stole my flatscreen tv's, DGS video games, and other assorted items. they broke into the trailer where my son was keeping all his tools he used to built my house, thousands of dollars in saws and nail guns, and left an axe imbedded in the side of the trailer. But what was worse to me was they had ripped open all my packing boxes and just dumped stuff everywhere in a mess all through the house. All my fabric and quilting stuff was in piles everywhere, pins all over, etc.They threw my area rugs over the porch railing into the mud (it had been raining). I just cried. We are rural and only house around so no one to see anything. Now I have security system with video cameras all around the house, a shotgun, and several big dogs, including one German Shepherd.