Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Amythyst02

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
Originally Posted by Amythyst02
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
I went to my LQS to look at a used Brother 5700 for $449. I had already read reviews on it, people saying they couldn't find parts-hoops and such for it. So I was skeptical about it anyway. When I went to the shop, they told me I really shouldn't get it, for all the same reasons. They started telling me about Janome 300E machine. I really like it, but am debating about spending that much on it. It's regularly $1299 and he told me he could give it to me for $999. Still that's a lot to spend on a machine I may not use every day or even every week. I don't want to buy a machine though that does the 3x5 and wish I had spent a little more and gotten one that does 5x7 area stitching. Can some of you tell me the great things your machines do and which machines you have?
TIA
Bobbi
Just curious, when you went to the shop did they demo the machines for you? I honestly looked into an embroidery machine and if I were going to buy one, I would go with Janome. It embroideries beautifully, I was very impressed. I decided I was not sure if I would use it enough, and have decided to upgrade my sewing machine instead. I will certainly use the sewing machine, and mine is struggling on multi layers of fabric. Luckily I think I have the sewing machine narrowed down to 2, lol. I may post here and see if I can get any feedback on that.

Good luck.
I really love my Horizon 7700....
I would love that Horizon 7700, I am just afraid its way out of my price range. But, I might give the local shop a call and see what they are selling it for. Going to a Sewing Expo in late Sept, planning to hold off until then, and maybe find a great deal while I am there. They usually have really good sales there, at least I hope so.