Thread: Home Burglary
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
nevrn

I feel so bad for you. I joined a site called "Alert ID" recently online,and learned that I live in a "Serious" crime area. All the time I have lived here I've felt safe, but not any more. I keep my windows and doors locked even when I'm home, and sleep with my gun at hand. In this state if you shoot an intruder because you feel your life is threatened and he/she is in your home at the time, no charges are filed. We have a neighbor that I and others think is into the drug scene, and there are always people in and out of that house. The police have been notified of our suspicions, but so far nothing is being done. We have also formed a neighborhood watch and when we know a neighbor is away (or even if not) we won't hesitate to call police if we see any suspicious activity. Thankfully, our police depatment encourages this. One night I answered the door to find a police officer standing there to tell me I had forgotten to put my garage door down. Now that's a good, watchful police department. I could go on and on with the scary stories about what has happened to people in this area, but will just not take up your time to do so. Just be watchful and aware of your surroundings at all times. It's a sad day when we can't even feel safe in our own homes.