Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
vintagemotif

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Ok, I see the problem, that little plunger on my spool can is not moving. I will use the screw driver like the book says and re-adjust. Thanks for the pictures Monica, that helps.

If any of you ever get or have a Two Spool, you should make a note of these pages. Those Two Spools are a little different! Very interesting and ingenious that a machine was invented to use a spool of thread, any size 50 spool or smaller, not a special spool that came with the machine! When you think about the fact that all the bobbin driven and shuttle driven type machines have to have a specific bobbin and a specific shuttle or they won't work - and this machine will take any old wooden spool that they had sitting around!

Nancy
Nancy, With my "Cowboy", I had to force that spring pin loose. After so many years of not being used, it was frozen in place. So, I took the flat side of the flat head screw driver to push the pin knob down, took lots of muscle to do so. After it is moving freely, you should be able to get the adjustment made. It may be just a bit difficult to push the pin knob down and get the tip of flat head into that groove to turn the pin the first time.

Looking at those pictures, I realize that the Cowboy could use a better cleaning. I was afraid to mess with that area when I first got him, but now I could tackle that cleaning.

And you are correct in that I would never take these machines apart to use as parts. But I do like having two of each machine!

:lol: