Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by BARES
Agree with both of these, but would like to add one thing. Take something -- blanket, towel, etc. something each have used on their own, and give the boys towel to her and her towel to the boys. That way they can trade scents. Also helps to put yourself in the mix by petting her then the boys and petting them and then her. This way it trades scents and they know that you are interacting with them.

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
I've got 9 cats and the only advice that I can say is give her time but you are going to have to let the boys harass her so that she will fight back and state her status. Let the fur fly as they say. She will let them know when she has had enough, believe me....ask me how I know....lol
Exactly what she ^^^^ said. She has to 'prove' her position in the household. To the boys she is an intruder, to her the boys are intruders - sad to say - they are just going to have to fight it out. If you can, catch each of them and trim their nails. That will help with 'collateral' damage. They will work it out.
Never thought to do that, I'll try that!