Thread: Have you ever?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
valsma

I joined a craft club as a lifetime member a couple years ago because I really enjoyed the magazine they offered and you get lifetime member perks, like testing new products.
Recently I started receiving a magazine called Creating Keepsakes for scrapbookers. I don't scrapbook, have no intrest in scrapbooking and feel the magazine is a waste. I sent a polite email asking that they no longer send the magazine as I didn't want to see the magazine go to waste. I received a reply that told me the only way I could cancel the magazine was to quit my already paid lifetime membership, which is non-refundable. During the whole email, they didn't even address the fact that this is a magazine that is only directed at a certain group of their memebership, the rest will just have to deal with the inconvience.
I get that magazines go out of business and that substitutions sometimes need to be made, but if they are going to do that they need to consider the needs of the entire membership, not just one group of the membership.
Okay thanks for listening and while i'm still miffed at their "oh well" attitude I know their is nothing to do about it but accept that I am only getting part of what I paid for. Sometimes that is just what happens these days. LOL