View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I love all your collections! I collect boxes and kaleidoscopes. also white pottery. also old glass bottles. too much to keep clean! :lol: :lol: My DH hunts Indian artifacts , and has a large collection of arrowheads. I also collect buttons. all kinds. I love old things and yours are beautiful .

Ninnie
I have a couple of kaleidoscopes but they're not too old. One might be 1950s I also collect all kids of glass bottles I like odd size canning jars and unique ones with company names on them that aren't sold anymore.

My dad grew up along a crick(crick is an offshoot of a creek- my grandpa lectured us on this!) and it was rich in arrowheads here in Southeast Iowa

There were Kiowas and Apache in this area in the 1800s My dad and his brothers and his dad(my grandpa) collected buckets and buckets of them. I have a few but most of them are in my uncles hands. Grandpa had them mounted and framed and he had a real nice tomahawk. THe buckets of tomahawks heads and arrowheads used to sit by the back door in the basement at my grandpas house. Whenever they plowed they would find things.