View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Rhonda, that is so cool! Hubby's most prizes are in a large case that sits on the coffee table in our living room. the case is way larger than the table. Also every time I open any drawer in the house, there lays a chip or piece of pottery, or just what He tells our grandsons is a leaver.(leave it there boys. it's just a rock). I have learned to live with them. Some are over 10,000 years old! You can't go for a walk with him, he's is always looking down and stopping to kick a rock. Of course I encourage him, since he is so understanding of my quilting all over the place1 :lol: :lol: It is Cherokee here. and before that I don't know for sure.

Ninnie
My husband and I also have indian blood in our backgrounds. My husband's uncle had a large patch of skin on his back that was "red".
According to family lore my great great grandma was kidnapped out of a covered wagon going across kansas and had a son that was half indian.
There was a diary at one time.
When my son was in grade school he found a book on an Indian Chief Quanah Parker comanche chief who with his tribe were living at Keokuk Iowa (60 miles south of us) and there was a big war. There was a chapter about his family and there was a statement that showed we were related to him. I can't find that book anymore but I would love to have it.