View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

There are a couple of little museums close to us that have displays of arrowheads. I don't have more than two or three I think -I don't know if my mom has my dad's or not -probably so.
The little museum in Wapello has a big map and other artifacts that show the history of the Indians in our local areas. There is a lot of Indian memorabilia in this area. As far as buying any I'd have to do some research tho my son may know of some. Everyone who was born and raised here can tell you stories of their heritage here. My dad's family are Quaker and came west from the east coast. My aunt has tracked our line to four ancesters who came over on the mayflower. There are birth and death records to show for it.

We also live abour three blocks from a house(now a museum) that is an underground railroad and this area was very instramental in that railroad.

My mom and I have been working on geneology some over the last few years. It is fun In the Lewellan House(Museum above) I saw a large poster that listed all the quakers that were married before the House of Quakers in Oskaloosa and my great great grandparents were married on the same day as our wedding date (Jan 19)only they were married in 1810. What fun!!