Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Rachelcb80

At the moment I'm cussing my new machine and going through the, "I hate you and I wish I never would have bought you" deal. First was the tension, next skipped stitches and now birds nests. I got the tension issues under control and am working on the skipped stitches but I have no clue what causes the occasional tangled mass of thread on the back side of my quilt. It's the top thread tangling on the bottom. Sometimes I hear it happen and can stop and pick but other times I don't know it's happened until I turn the quilt over. Very, very frustrating and slow moving quilting. :(

I'm using King Tut on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. Cleaned and oiled the machine well before I started quilting and put a new needle in (Microtex 90/14). I've got hubby bringing me home some different needles tonight but other than that I don't know what else to try. Any and all suggestions more than appreciated!

(Yes that's a safety pin in the picture on the front side but no I did not run over it with my foot to possibly cause the tangled thread)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211018.jpe