Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 PM
thepolyparrot

The bobbins sold for the TouchTronic, Touch & Sew and some other models are very similar to look at but not exactly alike. You might want to buy a bobbin that you are certain is for the TouchTronic - the right one will also fit the early Futura and Athena machines from the 80's and 90's, but not the Futura embroidery machines from recent years.

The only one that I would put any effort into personally is probably the Kenmore. There is a group of machines similar to this model and they're still sewing strong. The vertical bobbin makes it great for free-motion quilting, it uses easily-available low or high shank attachments and big class 15 bobbins.

I would give away all of them, but the Kenmore, I would fix up first and give to someone who wants to quilt. :) But that's just me and I have somewhere nearing 30 sewing machines in the house and most of them need my attention for something or other, so I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for many of them. ;)

If you want to learn how to fix the TouchTronic or any of the Touch&Sew models, Terry at TandTRepair can teach you anything about any slant needle machine. He's got a lot of downloadable material for free and he's written several manuals for sale, as well.

His manuals are incredibly good resources and he carries a huge selection of parts. Great prices, fast shipping, too. :) http://www.tandtrepair.com/Athena2000.html