Thread: Home Burglary
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
cabinfever

This is just so awful for all of you have been violated... being broken into in your homes! I only had my car broken into once in my driveway & up against the house. They used a metal punch the size of a nickle round & punched a hole next to the lock. I don't think my car is anything but easy to get into now. They took a bag that had my floor & carpet samples in it...nothing of value, except to me. They left the hand tools, which surprised me, like gloves, screwdrivers & hammers. I thought they could've been used to break in somewhere else.
If you've seen some of the break-in shows, you might think about what's important to YOU to protect, at least when you're away. I think scanning the family photos would be at the top of my list. I am in that process now, so I can make DVD copies (DVD's hold many more still photos than CD's) & give a backup to my mother for safe keeping. Also, be sure you have updated locksets, that won't allow the "bump key" to quickly open your doors. If not sure what that is, google it.