View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

i was born in Sweden, moved to Australia when i was 5 moved back to sweden for 3 years when i was twelve and then back again to Australia. I can speak Swedish, Finish and ofcourse Australian!
i am 44 years old and I have been married for 19 years and have 2 sons, one is 17 and the other 15. I have mainly sewed clothes for the boys when they were little and have also crocheted over the years. i went to a craft fair about a year ago which was when the quilt bug bit and now that the boys are almost grown i will have more time to do things that i enjoy so am very happy to have discovered quilting. I am teaching myself quilting and when i found this quilting board i was so happy and i have learnt so much from all of you. None of my friends quilt so it is so nice to be able to talk to all of you from all over the world and to know that you all are passionate about quilting too.
I live in a semirural area on 2 acres of land and love the peaceful surroundings and all the wildlife and love spending time in the garden which is another passion. I work part time 3 days a week in an office and have done that for 11 years and am probably leaving this job before xmas. i am thinking of going to school to become a librarian as that is my other passion..books and reading. My dream would be to go to university and to do a visual arts degree..maybe one day..